In addition to helping you get a job, WOJRC will help you succeed. Learn about everything at orientation, every Tuesday of the month from 9:30-11 AM.
- Financial Education Workshops: learn how to reduce your debt, improve your credit score, and increase your savings with a personal financial coach. This workshop is held every 4th Wednesday of the month and registration is required: call (510) 419-0509.
- Meet the Port of Oakland Initiative: learn about the role of the Port in today's emerging economy, and the career opportunities at the Port – every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 9:30-11 AM.
- Building Sustainable Families: provides an innovative coaching model which employs motivational interviewing and outreach/engagement support for clients.
- Sister-to-Sister: A mentoring and retention program specifically designed to support women in construction and trade logistics industry focused on access retention and leadership.
- Worker Safety Training: covers basics rights workers have using curriculum framing protecting workers from hazardous materials proper use of personal protective equipment understanding hazardous chemicals, learning how to navigate a dangerous work site, and how to complete workers compensation process.
- Math Test Prep: Weekly Math test prep for apprenticeship entrance exams.
Call (510) 419-0509 to find out more about any of these resources – or come to an orientation!